Winterising your Swimming Pool
Preparing your swimming pool for winter:
After an amazing summer of hot weather, it doesn’t take long before we are back to reality and heading quickly into the winter season. As pool owners, this means we are required to protect our pool by carrying-out some swimming pool maintenance. Fortunately there are some easy steps you can do to ensure your pool water stays in good condition.
Procedure for Winterising your pool:
- The swimming pool must be vacuumed, cleaned and all leaves removed to stop any decay. Curved Pool Brushes and Pool Skimmers are great products for doing this effectively.
- It’s a good idea to lower the water level of your pool to around 6 inches below the skimmer but never empty your pool.
- Store all of your summer maintenance equipment in a cool dry place and ensure it is fully cleaned and dried before storing.
- Remove skimmer basket, weir and store.
- Add your winter chemicals at the recommended dose rate around the pool edge and allow to circulate.
- Shock treat the pool keeping the circulation system on, to increase the chlorine level.
- After an hour of circulation, backwash filter thoroughly and turn off along with any other electrical equipment.
- Remove plug at bottom of filter tank to drain the filter.
- If possible remove heat pump, clean with water and store inside for winter.
- If a chemical feeder is fitted, flush with clean water and leave to drain.
- Fit winter cover.
- It’s a good idea to monitor the chlorine level in the pool when air temperature rises early in the year.
Speedifix Pools – Swimming Pool Maintenance
Here at Speedifix Pools, we specialise in Swimming Pool Service and Maintenance as well as designing, manufacturing and installing Saunas for both the domestic and commercial market. We can design and produce a Sauna to suit any specification.
All or Saunas are manufactured at our UK based factory and can be made in any shape and size. We invite our customers to visit our factory. This allows the customer to see how we manufacture our Bespoke Saunas in the UK and can rest assured that the are manufactured to the highest standards, using the highest quality brands.